|The Amiran Farmer's Kit (AFK) was created with the aim of allowing small scale farmers affordable access to modern agricultural technologies, methods and inputs of the highest standard. Designed by Amiran Kenya Ltd, the AFK is a tailor made Kit designed to meet the needs of the specific farmer or group of farmers by adapting the components of the Kit to suit the climate, terrain, and agricultural experience of the farmer. |
The AFK incorporates innovative agricultural technologies including the Family Drip System (FDS), an easy to use gravity based drip irrigation system, a Farmer’s Greenhouse and top quality agro-inputs such as Seeds, Fertilizers and Agro-Chemicals.
The AFK comes complete with installation, training and an agro-support package that would allow Amiran to teach the “Amiran Farmer” how to grow and then stay with the farmer throughout the season to ensure the best results.
The AFKs are custom made by Amiran Kenya Ltd for individuals and specific groups of farmers and include all the necessary ingredients required for one season's successful harvest of a selected crop.
|Inside the Amiran Farmer's Kit (AFK): |
- Farmer's Greenhouse: 8x15 Mini Greenhouse Tunnel
- Drip Irrigation System: The Family Drip System suitable for an 1/8th of an Acre
- Solid Water Tank: 500ltr solid water tank
- Farmer's Sprayer: 16 Liter Knapsack Sprayer
- Gold Medal Seeds: 2 types of seeds for an 1/8th of an acre
- Fertilizers: One season worth of required fertilizer
- Nursery Set: A Complete pack of nursery trays with inert materials for germination of seedlings.
- Agrochemicals: One season worth of required Agro-Chemicals
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): For the safe usage of the chemicals provided
- Training: Training offered on the usage of the kit and a certificate awarded upon completion
- Amiran Annual Agro Support Package: The Amiran Farmer’s Kit (AFK) Agro-support package is a post sales service. In exchange for an annual fee, Amiran’s expert agronomists will visit AFK farmers at their plots on a monthly basis and consult, advise and address any agricultural issues that may need attention.
In addition to the consultancy, during these visits Amiran’s Agronomists will also expose the farmers to new technologies, growing techniques, products and Markets available.
This also gives Amiran the opportunity to stay connected to the farmers and to receive feedback on how they are progressing and the challenges the farmers are facing for collective action.
Amiran Agronomists work hand in hand with the Ministry of Agriculture, Private sectors, International Organizations, Markets (Local and Exports) and other experts in the Industry allowing Amiran to develop a better understanding of events in the farmer’s region and to advise accordingly.
- Amiran Farmers Kit Insurance: CIC - Amiran Farmers Kit insurance covers the hardware components of the AFK and the crop.
Finance available from our Partners: